Sunday, November 4, 2012

The role of mission work…


Wow, it's been way too long since there's been a post on here! I have been very busy, and so has everyone else who usually posts on here, it seems. I've been working with our family ministry quite a bit as well, (www.fountainsoflifeministries.org), which has been a huge blessing. Our Alaska mission trip is coming up next summer, and that has been very exciting to work with!
I just want to touch on something very quickly this morning, that is a burden on my heart, which I am seeking to do something about in my own life as quickly as I can.


You see, many of us struggle un-neccessarily with the enemy, when we could be walking an easier road, and having a greater degree of victory!


I can almost see your expession. 'Well, what's the secret then?'

 
Working for God.

 
You don't believe me?

 
I'll just let His ambassador say it, as she says it much better than I ever could.

 
"It is in working for others that they will keep their own souls alive. If they will become colaborers with Jesus, we shall see the light in our churches steadily burning brighter and brighter, sending forth its rays to penetrate the darkness beyond their own borders."                --Historical Sketches, p. 291.

 
"My heart is often burdened because so many who might work are doing nothing. They are the sport of Satan's temptations." --9T p. 26.


"The completeness of Christian character is attained when the impulse to help and bless others springs constantly from within. It is the atmosphere of this love surrounding the soul of the believer that makes him a savor of life unto life and enables God to bless his work."       --The Acts of the Apostles, p.  551.


"The world needs missionaries, consecrated home missionaries, and no one will be registered in the books of heaven as a Christian who has not a missionary spirit."                           --Review and Herald, Aug. 23, 1892.

 
I am amazed at how important missionary work is, yet it makes perfect sense when I am doing it. There is not quite any other way to gain the experience with God, that you get when you are serving others, in one way or another. May we all seek God earnestly, as to this:


"Not more surely is the place prepared for us in the heavenly mansions than is the special place designated on earth where we are to work for God."  -- A Call to Stand Apart, p.  64.


One more thing. With my family's ministry, I am currently planning a camp-meeting style mission training intensive for next July. It will be for a week or less, and will cost as close to nothing as we can make it. Make a mental note of it if you are seeking training in any of the following areas, as it will be a wonderful opportunity!
-Medical missionray work;
-Canvassing;
-Disaster relef;
-CPR/first aid;
-City evangelism;
-Bible work;
-And more...
I am so excited about this project! Keep it in your prayers if you would as well, as there are a lot of details to be worked out.
Keep looking to Christ, He's coming soon!
Your brother in Christ,
-Schane

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.